MTGBELGIQUE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern

+21
manu
Alexandrov
MoTo
MatF
Nexus
BenZo
Froggy
NiRVeS
Adonais
Pierreg
Anax84
spokone
Kyofu
hiroshiman
Fred
Thorgnole
Swap
azazel
vodkaredbull
Nico Truc
hotshot162
25 participants

Page 4 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern - Page 4 Empty Re: 05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern

Message  NiRVeS Lun 7 Jan - 0:52

GG!

Et ça me fait plaisir que ma petit remarque t'as bien servi.
Bon chance au PT!

NiRVeS

http://belgianlegacycup.wordpress.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern - Page 4 Empty Re: 05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern

Message  Froggy Lun 7 Jan - 10:49

GG! Smile
Froggy
Froggy
Judge

Message  Kyofu Lun 7 Jan - 12:10

merci Very Happy

conges acceptes donc cette fois c est sur j en serai

ca va etre funky j ai meme jamais regarde a monter un deck dans un format block ...

Kyofu

Message  BenZo Lun 7 Jan - 12:12

Kyofu a écrit:la 3eme game oui c est le mage
It was because of the manascrew and a misplay (which did not matter probably if you had flames in your hand)...
Overall nice tech with the leyline! Gongrats!

BenZo

Message  Kyofu Lun 7 Jan - 12:16

i told you that 2 landers were not good when we played for fun our game round 7 !

and you saw it again in first round of final as i tried it again and got stuck on 2 lands for ages Sad

yeah leyline tech comes from Tom and was originally for splinter twin match but it is also good versus tokens

Anyway thank you for your sportmanship, you were one of the most kind opponent this day and I really hope that the third final will be the good one for you

Kyofu

Message  Nexus Lun 7 Jan - 14:23

GG KYOFU Very Happy et oubli pas de :

Very Happy Smile encore GG
Nexus
Nexus

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Lun 7 Jan - 16:30

Le rapport du HJ, Teun Zijp, écrit et publié sur le forum des arbitres et copié ici avec sa permission :

Teun Zijp a écrit:This year, on my birthday, I went to Luxembourg City and head judged a PTQ there. This is the story of how that happened.

1. Before
So there's a PTQ in Luxembourg City. We're all still wondering if this has ever happened before, maybe somewhere in the Dark Ages, but it's safe to say it hasn't happened in the 10 years before this, and I also don't expect this to be a weekly occurrence. For Nigel Rowledge, proprietor of Twiddle's Keep in Luxembourg, this would be his first event that would be bigger than a Prerelease.

As soon as I heard that there'd be a PTQ in Luxembourg, I sent Nigel an email, saying I'd be interested in the HJ position. I love the country/city and I'm in the city at least once a year. It's a nice medieval atmosphere, very compact and very village-like but with the good food and great views.

As I hadn't worked with Nigel before, I took some time beforehand to speak things through on the phone and via email. Nigel had already contacted Niels Viaene and Emilien Wild to work at the event as well. That left one spot for a German-speaking judge, and Martin Köhler was happy to book a 6 AM train to get there. A dream team if I may say so. Most HJ/TO stuff was quickly dealt with, but still, I wasn't sure what to expect.

As is my standard for PTQ events, I wrote a detailed pre-event briefing to the other judges, where I also assigned tasks for the entire day. I like doing this; it allows me to be detailed in advance, but then I don't need to micromanage during the day itself, leaving the floor judges to do well at what they prepared for.

2. The morning
At 09:50, I left our hotel to go to the Luxembourg train station and pick up Martin, whose train was on time, but I suppose this is normal outside of the Netherlands. We then drove the short distance to Hesperange, a suburb of the city. We parked the car at what looked like some communal building, with the fire brigade attached. What we saw was amazing and I'll show an image of the event during round 1:

05/01 Luxembourg - PTQ Dragon's Maze (San Diego) - Modern - Page 4 BAAAc1ICEAElDpt

Table numbers, tables, chairs, microphone, a scorekeeping desk, enough space for deck checks, catering and one big hall. What more can you wish for? Nigel found an amazing place and I'm told Steve Hatto, who should also be on this forum (Hi Steve!) has pulled some strings to be able to use it.

Unfortunately, at this time some issues appeared with the location of the venue. For starters, this event was first announced to take place at the restaurant in Luxembourg City where the Prereleases are also held. The location was later changed, but apparently this change did not reach every player, as we were receiving phone calls about this. And then, apparently, there was another location with the same address in the next village, about 3km away, which showed up when entering the address into Apple Maps and some other navigational systems. So there were two incorrect places to go to, and none other than Emilien actually went to both places, so we know a lot of players must have gone there as well. We received more and more phone calls, Nigel sent out a car to inform/pick up players at the incorrect locations (about 10 cars full of players in total) and we decided to postpone the start of the event by 15 minutes.

Incredibly enough, when we started at 11:15, I think everybody that wanted to play was able to play – we didn't give out game losses for Tardiness (in round 1) and we didn't have anyone arrive after that, although it is of course possible that some players are still looking and/or went home disappointed.

Round 1 started at 11:29 with 104 players, which is a delay of course, but it wasn't really felt like a big one, and it was a purposeful one. Because of the lack of players at 10:45, and Emilien, we didn't do the Voluntary Player Briefing ™️, where players would get a short intro into the recent policy changes and the opportunity to do questions, which was somewhat regrettable. (I still advise everybody to do this at their PTQ level events!)

3. Rulings

And now, some rulings from around the day.

Deck Issues
Q: One player was playing an Event Deck! So the decklist handed in was simply the insert, with their name scribbled on it. The deck was the Infect Event Deck with Glistener Elves and the such. He managed to win at least one game against an unhappy Kiki-Twin player. There was some misfortune when an opponent discovered some Preordains in the deck.
A: Preordain is banned. We applied the default fix of removing the cards and replacing them with basic lands, and then asking the TO for some customer service to be applied (like, say, a free draft). There was some discussion afterwards, because there is a precedent of players being allowed to play with banned cards as long as they stick with the exact list of the Event Deck, but because I didn't like that rule anyway I certainly didn't want to create policy for it on the spot. Wink

Missed Trigger Happiness
Q: A player attacks with Glistener Elf and has a Noble Hierarch in play. He then casts Groundswell, and then says “You take six”. Did the player miss the trigger?
A: The floor judge ruled that the player did not miss the trigger. They did not forget and they did demonstrate awareness of the trigger. The ruling was appealed, and I upheld the ruling, but this was a close one for me. Game actions took place and all. In the end, on this event, we took a “Did he really forget?” approach to resolving most missed trigger rulings while the discussion about this policy rages on.

Q: A player cast Sleight of Hand, with a fully charged Pyromancer Ascension on the battlefield. He resolved the Sleight of Hand and then proceeded to resolve another one. The opponent said he didn't explicitly announce the Pyromancer copy, but the player said he did.
A: There was some semi-investigation going on, because the stories didn't match. In the end, I couldn't DQ anyone for lying to me, and we ruled that since the player demonstrated awareness etc, two copies of the spell would resolve.

Q: A player didn't draw for his turn.
A: That's not a Missed Trigger anymore – that's a GRV. We “back up” and the player draws their card.

Q: A player cast Bloodbraid Elf, then looked at his opponent to see if it would resolve.
A: The floor judge ruled that the cascade trigger was missed. I would have ruled this the other way, but the ruling was not appealed.

Q: A player cast Emrakul. Then he says “Now I'll take my extra turn”.
A: We ruled that the player did not miss his trigger.

Other Errors
Q: A player got his Spellskite unsummoned a couple of turns ago. Now, it is not in their hand. Also, the graveyard was shuffled into the library last turn because of an Ulamog. The player explained to the judge that they believed the Spellskite was put into the graveyard and was then shuffled back in. The player wanted to have the Spellskite back in his hand.
A: Obviously not. The story is a guess at what happened and took place several turns ago. We won't do anything here.

Q: When resolving Manamorphose, a player moves one of his dice up, then goes to draw a card but before he does so, he moves the dice back down and another dice up. The opponent says that the player made a choice and should not be able to change.
A: Emilien ruled that the player could change it, because the player simply moved the incorrect dice. The ruling was appealed. I easily upheld the ruling, but for a broader reason, which is that we have not moved to the next instruction in resolving the spell, and the player did not get any new information. I'm fine with changing then, and I can compare this to fetching a land and putting it onto the battlefield, then picking it back up and finding another land – I am OK with this as long as they haven't started shuffling.

Q: At the beginning of round 2, several players were still outside for a smoke.
A: During the pre-event player announcements, I explicitly said that players should be in the room when the 50 minutes for the round were over, to make sure they avoid penalties. As such, even though we didn't announce outside, we gave out Game Losses for this.

Q: At three minutes left in the round, two players finished their second game. One player figured he coulnt win in the rest of the time and suggested a draw. The other pkayer didnt want to, so the first player asked me to cinfirm that he has three minutes to complete shuffling. I said, if you take longer were not happy, but you dontt have three minutes. Then he took a while. At that point i asked if he was ready to shuffle. He again said he had three minutes.
A: I said that if he was done shuffling, he needed to present the deck. Some staring ensued and he presented. I then left to call time, and afterwards Niels explained the stalling rules to the player, who was shocked by his own misinterpretation of the rules.

Q: Player A has three tapped lands and Relic of Progenitus. He then takes the turn; untaps, then rewinds his untap and taps Relic to exile a card.
A: The judge rules that the player could not activate it eot anymore, as he started to untap. So we move back to the upkeep step.
Q: At this point, player B says that player A obviously did this in his upkeep! So the lands should remain tapped!
A: We're irked and want to give out a warning for unsporting conduct, but we don't do that for this. Afterwards, we have a chat with the player.

Q: Semifinals. One player is playing Eggs. Somewhere in this turn, he uses a Spellbomb to kill a Tidehollow Sculler, which returns his Second Sunrise, but the Tidehollow Sculler isnt returned to play when the Sunrise resolves. I notice, but the player has already resolved some draw a card triggers.
A: I cannot know which cards were in his hand at the time the Sunrise resolved, so I use the fix of letting cards move zones and put the Sculler ability on the stack right now. This is also a Warning for both players.

Discussions
At some point during the day, I had a long conversation with Niels about the missed trigger rules, their implementation and their philosophy and I encourage everybody to do that as well. Our consensus was that applying policy in a very strict way does not match other explanations like Toby's blog here http://blogs.magicjudges.org/telliott/2012/12/14/out-of-order-sequencing-and-triggers/ and we should all continue to share our ideas and experiences.

Emilien was also testing me at some point. Razz He was teasing me about answering rules questions as the Head Judge, thus not giving the players opportunity to appeal. However, I still feel this: if there are two judges on a deck check, so there is only me and one floor judge left, I will gladly answer rulings. Yes, this means they cannot appeal; but that's only important in a small portion of rulings and I'll take care of any mess, and in all other situations we'll speed up. What is true about this is that I could have volunteered to help with deck checks instead. But also, apparently I do not feel as strongly about this as Emilien does, and I guess the truth is in the middle.

4. Wrapup
Although we started late, we then made up for that by having an amazing turnaround time. Our rounds had an average of less than an hour. The top 8 took a bit longer but still, we were finished by 21:30, a good score for a 104-player event I think.

I'd like to thank Emilien, Niels and Martin for traveling to Luxembourg to have this event be a success, and for their wisdom and experience to make it go as smooth as it did. I especially would like to thank Nigel who has delivered a fantastic venue with good materials, setting the stage for a good event like this. And also, thank you Nigel for treating us judges as part of the organization of this tournament and compensating us well, in your own words “Well, you did work a day for it” but during the day I once more realized that not all TOs feel this way.

See you again in Luxembourg, or so I hope! Smile
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  MatF Lun 7 Jan - 17:01

J'aime bien la good story à propos de l'Event deck.
Sont quand même sympa Wizard de vendre des events decks avec des cartes banni ^^
Officiellement, il est toujours possible de jouer l'event deck avec des Stoneforge? C'est mentionné officiellement quelque part?
MatF
MatF

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Lun 7 Jan - 17:04

Non, il était possible de le jouer en Standard tel quel, mais depuis le format a changé.
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  MoTo Lun 7 Jan - 18:48

En outre, c'est un event deck standard, il n'existe pas d'event deck modern. C'est donc normal qu'il ne tienne pas compte des bannissements dans ce format.
MoTo
MoTo
Judge

Message  manu Lun 7 Jan - 20:55

et le top 8 etait constitue de quels decks a part 5 CC zoo et token ? Merci

manu

Message  Alexandrov Lun 7 Jan - 20:58

Eggs, Junk, scapeshift
Alexandrov
Alexandrov

Message  Kyofu Lun 7 Jan - 21:05

tron que je bats en demi, un blanc bleu controle que je bats en quarts

un zoo vert-rouge (emanuel sutor)

Kyofu

Message  spokone Lun 7 Jan - 21:26

emmanuel sutor ne jouait pas un zoo à ma connaissance. il jouait un mono rouge spash vert mais je ne sais pas pourquoi vert par contre. Son deck tournait autour de grim lavamancer. Un rouge contrôle à mon sens. Je n'ai jamais vu de spell vert dans les 3 games contre lui

spokone

Message  manu Lun 7 Jan - 21:29

Broodbraid elf pour cascader ds boom / bust ?

manu

Message  spokone Lun 7 Jan - 21:33

je n'ai vu aucun blodbraid elf :s.

Ce que j'ai vu de son deck : grim, molten rain, dismember et Flinthoof Boar !

En gros un deck perso inconnu au bataillon

Dernière édition par spokone le Lun 7 Jan - 21:43, édité 1 fois

spokone

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Lun 7 Jan - 21:35

Il jouait bien un Gruul Zoo à base de Kird Ape et de Flinthoof Boar.
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  Joey Lun 7 Jan - 21:53

spokone a écrit:Je n'ai jamais vu de spell vert dans les 3 games contre lui
spokone a écrit:Ce que j'ai vu de son deck : [...] Flinthoof Boar !
Applause
Joey
Joey
Admin

http://www.mtgbelgique.com

Message  spokone Lun 7 Jan - 22:00

déso, c'est le manque de nicotine Wink

C'est en effet la seule carte verte que j'ai vue

spokone

Message  Alexandre Lun 7 Jan - 22:11

Rapport vraiment instructif, merci de l'avoir partagé. Plutôt sympa le joueur qui vient à un PTQ Modern avec un préconstruit standard, il n'a eu qu'une victoire mais elle était à savourer!

Alexandre

Message  spokone Lun 7 Jan - 22:33

il y en a un qui jouait un mono vert aggro T2 avec des strangeroot geist et Garruk qui perd 2-1 contre MArijn en second match. Marijn s'en tire bien sur le coup car il n'a rien compris dans la première.

spokone

Message  Kyofu Mar 8 Jan - 10:15

spokone a écrit:déso, c'est le manque de nicotine Wink

C'est en effet la seule carte verte que j'ai vue

y avait des tarmo aussi si je ne m abuses Very Happy

Kyofu

Message  spokone Mar 8 Jan - 10:36

je n'ai pas vu de tarmo à titre perso....

spokone

Message  Kyofu Mar 8 Jan - 10:44

ben j en ai croise ca je suis sur et je vois pas contre qui d autre j aurais pu en croiser

me suis meme dit que Tarmo etait definitivement en dessous de smither vu qu il etait bloque avec ses 2 pauvres tarmo a pas pouvoir attaquer dans smither tout en se faisant bourrer derriere par celui ci sans pouvoir le bloquer Very Happy

les gens ont du mal a accepter ca quand meme quand tu leur dit que la rare a 3-4 euros est beaucoup plus efficace que tarmo qui en vaut 50 Laughing

Kyofu

Message  spokone Mar 8 Jan - 10:50

à titre perso, je préfère me prendre un loxodon qu'un tarmo... Mais cela dépend des match up

spokone

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 4 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant