MTGBELGIQUE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

EDH: Memory Jar + losing the game

2 participants

EDH: Memory Jar + losing the game Empty EDH: Memory Jar + losing the game

Message  Reinout Ven 11 Oct - 0:33

An interesting situation that occurred during our EDH game tonight.
I control a memory jar, but have no cards left in my library.

Memory Jar
T, Sacrifice Memory Jar: Each player exiles all cards from his or her hand face down and draws seven cards. At the beginning of the next end step, each player discards his or her hand and returns to his or her hand each card he or she exiled this way.

Another player also has fewer than 7 cards in his library, and so I want to kill him during my upkeep, killing myself in the process. Now the question is how does memory jar interacts with the remaining two players in the game, and my turn.

Possible options are:

1. Since I am no longer part of the game my turn instantly ends. Memory jar triggers during the next end step (which will be during the next player's turn
  2. My turn continues as if I were still be playing. Each player gets priority at the correct times. Memory jar triggers during "my" end step and returns the cards to hand.
  3. Since I am no longer part of the game my turn instantly ends. Memory jar his trigger is never put on the stack and players dont get their original hand back.
  4. My turn continues as if I were still be playing. Memory jar does not trigger during my end step as I am no longer part of the game.

Reinout

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

EDH: Memory Jar + losing the game Empty Re: EDH: Memory Jar + losing the game

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Ven 11 Oct - 7:02

800.4h If a player leaves the game during his or her turn, that turn continues to its completion without an active player. If the active player would receive priority, instead the next player in turn order receives priority, or the top object on the stack resolves, or the phase or step ends, whichever is appropriate.
Il n'y a aucune raison que la capacité déclenchée retardée de la Jar ne se déclenche pas, son existence étant indépendante de la tienne.
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  Reinout Ven 11 Oct - 10:20

Emmanuelle et Emilien a écrit:2
800.4h If a player leaves the game during his or her turn, that turn continues to its completion without an active player. If the active player would receive priority, instead the next player in turn order receives priority, or the top object on the stack resolves, or the phase or step ends, whichever is appropriate.
Il n'y a aucune raison que la capacité déclenchée retardée de la Jar ne se déclenche pas, son existence étant indépendante de la tienne.

Thats what I thought as well last night, but it is incorrect:

800.4d If an object that would be owned by a player who has left the game would be created in any zone, it isn't created. If a triggered ability that would be controlled by a player who has left the game would be put onto the stack, it isn't put on the stack.
Example: Astral Slide is an enchantment that reads, "Whenever a player cycles a card, you may exile target creature. If you do, return that creature to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step." During Alex's turn, Bianca uses Astral Slide's ability to exile Alex's Hypnotic Specter. Before the end of that turn, Bianca leaves the game. At the beginning of the end step, the delayed triggered ability generated by Astral Slide that would return Hypnotic Specter to the battlefield triggers, but it isn't put on the stack. Hypnotic Specter never returns to the battlefield.

Reinout

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Ven 11 Oct - 10:28

Intéressant. Merci de m'avoir corrigé.
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé