MTGBELGIQUE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Xiaomi Mi Smart Camera 2K Standard Edition (design compact / support ...
11.39 €
Voir le deal

[Résolu] Ghostly Prison

3 participants

[Résolu] Ghostly Prison Empty [Résolu] Ghostly Prison

Message  america Mer 18 Juil - 5:33

Can I Pay for ghostly prison on my mainphase?
why I ask: to have rituals pay for ghostly prison.
my understanding: from what I understand the oracle text says

"Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays {2} for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you."

which seems simalar to Leonin Arbiter which says

"Players can't search libraries. Any player may pay {2} for that player to ignore this effect until end of turn."

where I can pay it at any time. which would mean that ghostly prison restricts at rules 508.1c

"508.1c The active player checks each creature he or she controls to see whether it's affected by any restrictions (effects that say a creature can't attack, or that it can't attack unless some condition is met). If any restrictions are being disobeyed, the declaration of attackers is illegal.
Example: A player controls two creatures, each with a restriction that states "[This creature] can't attack alone." It's legal to declare both as attackers."

in which case I could pay it at mainphase 1, however if ghostly prison checks at rules 508.1g:

"508.1g If any of the chosen creatures require paying costs to attack, the active player determines the total cost to attack. Costs may include paying mana, tapping permanents, sacrificing permanents, discarding cards, and so on. Once the total cost is determined, it becomes "locked in." If effects would change the total cost after this time, ignore this change."

then I would have to pay it during my attack step.

so how does Ghostly Prison work and is there a way to use a ritual to pay for it?

america

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[Résolu] Ghostly Prison Empty Re: [Résolu] Ghostly Prison

Message  Emmanuelle et Emilien Mer 18 Juil - 5:46

No, you can't use a Ritual to pay for Ghostly Prison's cost.

Mana empties as you enter the Declare attackers step (so previously casted spells doesn't carry their mana until this point), and the first thing that happens in that step is that Turn Based Actions are performed. Declaring attackers and paying the cost to attack are turn based actions. You have to finish TBAs before you get priority again, and you need priority to cast any spell.
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Emmanuelle et Emilien
Judge

Message  america Jeu 19 Juil - 0:30

and why can I not pay for Ghostly prison during my mainphase?

america

Message  Joey Jeu 19 Juil - 0:42

Because during your main phase, the creatures aren't attacking.

The text of Ghostly Prison is :
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you.
Not :
Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he or she controls that will attack you.
Joey
Joey
Admin

http://www.mtgbelgique.com

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé